for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Thread Like Summary
Rick Deckard
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Windows on Mac? #55892 09/01/2020 12:12 PM
by freelance
freelance
I bought a hi-fi amplifier that needs a firmware update. The updater is Windows only. What is the cheapest, easiest way to get Windows on my MacBook Air?

I am presuming Boot Camp, which comes pre-installed on the Mac would be the best software option? Can I download a trial version of Windows anywhere? Any tips and trick to avoid pitfalls would be appreciated. I can read how to install Boot Camp on the Apple website, but I have no idea how to run Windows or load the updater from a flash drive or even find it on the Mac once I've uploaded the updater.

As they like to say in Blighty, I guess I'll have to suck it and see.
Liked Replies
Re: Windows on Mac? #55895 Sep 1st a 02:19 PM
by MacManiac
MacManiac
Simplest and most expeditious solution......find a mate with a Windows computer and use that to do your update. The good news is that it comes with a technical assistant to run Windows for you.

Bootcamp and all the other means of getting a working version of Windows onto your computer come with far more overhead effort.
1 member likes this