FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Calendar: Issue with 'on my mac' issue
#38730 02/08/16 03:33 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

This very very hard to explain, but it's so annoying, I have to give it a shot and hope someone can help.

On my laptop (only the laptop, not desktop), in Calendar, Calendar keep checking, On my Mac, Home.

This makes my new entries a BLUE color, which I don't want. I uncheck Home, yet I go in circles and the software checks that box again.

This just started happening out of the blue (no pun intended); I never had the issue before since I started using Calendar a couple of years ago.

Re: Calendar: Issue with 'on my mac' issue
kevs #38786 02/11/16 02:23 PM

so you have several calendars on the laptop, one of which is "Home", and is blue in color. But you try to disable the display of that calendar's events on the screen by unchecking Home on the left, but the box re-checks itself after a few seconds?

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department
Virtual1 #38789 02/11/16 04:10 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

Almost there Virtual, thanks ; it's not that consistent. The home may re-check itself in a few weeks or who knows when.

Also: A new gremlin comes in now: below all that (below on my mac, and icloud), a new checkbox comes up (sometimes now) saying, "from events" or contacts, something else or now I can't remember, it has a light brown look. I don't even know what events they are pulling from, but I deleted that twice, using right click, delete, and it comes back whenever.

kevs #38793 02/11/16 06:31 PM

Are you synching your desktop calendar with iCloud or a mobile device such as an iPhone or iPad? If so setting you change on an iOS device or on the iCloud web interface will change the settings on your desktop.

If you do not want to see the Events Found in Mail calendar go to Calendar > Preferences > General and uncheck the item labeled Show Found in Mail Calendar. This is one of the "recognition" features in Mail/Calendar along with adding addresses to your contacts list and URLs.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #38809 02/12/16 06:12 AM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Joe, that was it: found in mail. Just looked on the laptop and it is unchecked.

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, dkmarsh 

Link Copied to Clipboard