for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dropbox problem
#20993 03/07/12 09:29 AM
OP Online

The "Dropbox" item that should be there is missing from my contextual menu when I control-click on a file in the Dropbox public folder in my main account; it is, however, present in my test account. (This is the case with both a regular boot and in Safe Mode.)

I've d'l'ed and re-d/l'ed two different versions of DB, installed it, uninstalled it, and reinstalled it in both standard and non-standard locations, and the issue persists.

Since this is happening with pristine installations, I can't begin to guess what may be causing it. (The only Dropbox file on my deuced Mac(hina) that is not in /Library is /Users/artie/.dropbox.)

Can anybody hazard a guess?

Thanks.

Update: I just found this:

Quote:
Here is my accumulated knowledge of the 'missing context menu' problems, OS X flavor:

Make sure "Folder Action Setup" is enabled (Prefs --> Keyboard --> Keyboard Shortcuts --> Services --> Files and Folders
http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=16490&replies=18#post-104122

thightower - DB needs to be the last startup item in order to get context menu:
http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=17889&replies=6#post-111585

DB has always been at the bottom of my list...insists on being there and moves itself back if I alphabetize it, but the pertinent pref was disabled, and since I enabled it DB works as expected.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Re: Dropbox problem
artie505 #21000 03/07/12 09:42 PM
OP Online

You'd think they'd mention that stuff in the How to use the Public folder doc that's right there in the Public folder.

Edit: Suggestion submitted.

Last edited by artie505; 03/07/12 09:57 PM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Re: Dropbox problem
artie505 #21001 03/08/12 12:00 AM

Interesting. Here in Leopard, my contextual menu works as expected in ~/Dropbox/Public/ as long as Dropbox is running—and Folder Actions are not enabled on my Mac.

dkmarsh—member, FineTunedMac Co-op Board of Directors

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, dkmarsh 

Link Copied to Clipboard