FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Quicken 2007 problem
#30722 08/02/14 03:17 PM
Douglas Offline OP
OP Offline

Have had no major problems since I got my new 2012 Mac Mini with 10.9.4 about a month ago.

This morning launched Quicken and I could not enter anything or do anything except launch and quit the app. I looked at the Console log and found this item:

ATS: Invalid FontObjectID (3) - only low 16 bits are being passed in.

Can anyone tell me what this means and how to fix it?

Thanks,

PS: Update, created test user account and Quicken seems to operate normally there. Also when I open in my account I can open reports and even edit them, I just cannot enter any new data. However, if I mess around opening and closing reports it starts to work normally and I can enter data.

I also moved a copy of Quicken 2007 over from a system clone that was done about 10 days ago and it does the same things so I'm guessing it's something with my system or user account that is causing the problem.

Last edited by Douglas; 08/02/14 04:40 PM.
Re: Quicken 2007 problem
Douglas #30725 08/02/14 06:45 PM

Launch FontBook, select any font in the list and press Command+A to select all. then on the FontBook menu select File > Validate Font. If any fonts show up as damaged or questionable they need to be eliminated or replaced.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #30727 08/03/14 12:32 AM
Douglas Offline OP
OP Offline

I'm still getting that message in Console even though I think I have solved the problem after messing around with it for most of the day. I will check out my fonts anyway because it sounds like something I should do anyway.

I accidentally solved the problem and feel like a complete idiot to even admit it, but I've never heard of anything like this before. While I was messing with Quicken, one of the files opened a bit larger than it usually was so I dragged the corner to resize the window and voila the cursor and input marker appeared and I could enter data with no problem.

I opened another quick file and sure enough I could not enter data in that one either. I dragged the corner just a small amount and voila, again the cursor and input marker appeared and I could enter data.

I have no idea how a slight resizing of the window could fix an issue like this and I plan of filing this solution in my TwilightZone folder.

Douglas #30731 08/03/14 11:00 AM

Thanks, Douglas, for posting the solution. That never would have occurred to me (though I now wonder if there is a "system" issue at play).

Harv
27" i7 iMac (10.13.6), iPhone Xs Max (12.1)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, dkmarsh 

Link Copied to Clipboard