I get regular messages to my personal email address (Mail) purporting to be from Facebook with a subject heading “Andy, you have 3 new notifications and 7 friend requests”. I’m almost certain they are spam because my FB account is linked to a different address (Gmail), the subject heading is always the same and the message isn’t true anyway.

I’ve fiddled endlessly with the monstrously baffling FB privacy and notification settings but to no avail. It’s not hard to simply delete the emails unread but their persistence is becoming annoying. I’ve tried marking them as Junk but that doesn’t seem to work. My understanding of Mail’s Junk Mail facility is that, once an email is marked as junk, it’s learnt about it and future like messages are are moved to the Junk mailbox bypassing my Inbox. This works with all other junk I've marked as such. In the Junk Mail Preferences, I’ve ticked the “Perform custom actions” button and included the condition Subject contains “Andy, you have 3 new notifications and 7 friend requests”. Nup, doesn’t seem to work.

There must be something wrong about my approach to the issue. Does anyone have any advice (other than it’s the 21st century, just live with it)?

cheers
Andy, you have 3 new notifications and 7 friend requests

iMac 27 in late 2013 16GB, High Sierra 10.13.6

Last edited by dianne; 07/14/18 10:10 AM. Reason: Moved from Mac OS X Applications.