Hopefully this falls under 'etc' for this forum.

I participated in a Zoom conference, using my iMac, but could not get audio. I assumed that I must have the wrong input selected and wanted to check via System Preferences >Sound >Input. However, Zoom does not make it easy.

The Zoom program filled the entire screen and I could not see a way to reduce the Zoom image in order to go to my Dock. Therefore I had to "Leave" the meeting, make my Input selection and rejoin the meeting each time.

It was even more aggravating because neither of the options gave me the audio. In the end I tried to log into the meeting with my iPad and, lo and behold, that worked. However, it was not a fully satisfactory solution as participation was severely limited with the iPad keyboard.

This is going to be a monthly occurrence, so I'd like to get it sorted out. If anyone has used Zoom, is there a way to reduce the amount of screen real estate it occupies? Also, any idea why was audio not available on either of the inputs?

Could this be a Firewall issue?

Last edited by ryck; 06/20/20 11:00 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C