FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
faxing google
#41806 09/19/16 09:39 PM
jaybass Offline OP
OP Offline

I have been trying to contact google every way I can. Today I found a fax number which supposedly belongs to google but after 2 tries, the postmaster returned my money. Does anyone know anything about 1 650 253 0001? Or better still, does anyone know of another fax number I could use? I seem to be going in circles trying to contact google. Jaybass

OS 13.6.4 iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2017, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 24 GB RAM, 2400 MHz DDR4. SuperDuper. 1 TB Lacie HD
Re: faxing google
jaybass #41807 09/19/16 10:38 PM

A few years ago I found a Google contact email address, but I never received a response to the email I sent them, and since then I've been unable to find ANY way to contact them.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #41810 09/19/16 11:57 PM

My experience has been like Artie's except I did not find an email address. After an extended search of the Google site I found an online form that I filled in and submitted. As far as I know the send button might have been a delete key because I never received any acknowledgement that my message had been received or indication it had been acted upon. I looked for the form another time but I was never able to find it again so it was either removed or I just didn't look under the right rock that time.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
jaybass #41812 09/20/16 02:16 AM

Have you tried prowling through Google's "Contact us" site, which ostensibly provides numerous ways to contact teams at Google?

If all else fails, you might try the link which provides for Serving Civil Subpoenas on Google. It provides additional links for getting into the bowels of Google.

jaybass #41899 09/23/16 11:39 AM

I suppose one has to consider the amount of traffic a company such as Google would get to any support point they provided. eBay, for the longest time, had very few and fairly well hidden contact points.

As far as a fax is concerned, I would be a bit surprised if they had a public fax line at all. Faxes nowadays only seem to be useful for sending records and information that cannot legally be sent electronically. (typically a HIPPA issue, medical records)

As for subpoenas, I'd think a business wouldn't WANT to keep a fax line for the sole purpose of being served. Get yourself a process server and have them show up at Corp HQ if you need to serve them. Why encourage frivolous litigation with an open fax line?

And then there's people that will ring any line they can dig up if they are insistent on getting an answer about something. That's when someone will fax eBay a question about a seller not listing the item correctly. People using the wrong channels causes headaches all around. If you have something as generic as a fax, you have to have it well-staffed with people that are capable of figuring out what to do with pretty much anything that rolls in, regardless of whether or not it ought to be going there. People will do stupid things like try to send some legal notice to a fax that's meant for internal use by their maintenance department, and then when the person that gets it is like "WHAT is this crap?" and throws it in the trash, they try to say "well, we SERVED you, here we have the fax transmission report, you GOT it, why did you ignore it?" ("because you faxed it to the JANITOR, you moron") It's easier to just not have it.

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard