FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Zoom Page
#41578 08/25/16 08:58 AM
grelber Offline OP
OP Offline

Previously, NoSquint was the go-to extension in Firefox to adjust page magnification ... especially for us alte kackers whose presbyopia is snowballing.
Unfortunately, (1) there was a glitch in the app which allowed page magnification to revert to default mode (even with exception status), and (2) NoSquint was given up by its creator earlier this year.

I've since switched over to Zoom Page (one of the recommendations of NoSquint's creator) which seemed at first blush to have even better functionality than NoSquint.
But such was not to be: I've experienced the selfsame glitch with Zoom Page, sometimes while simply viewing a given web page. Granted, it's pretty easy to zip up to the tool bar and correct such, but it's also annoying to have to do so.

Anybody got any suggestions to resolve the issue?

Re: Zoom Page
grelber #41579 08/25/16 09:05 AM

It can be a nuisance, but how about basic command - shift - = ?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #41580 08/25/16 09:15 AM
grelber Offline OP
OP Offline

Originally Posted By: artie505

Under what condition(s)?
How might that lock in site-specific webpage magnification that Zoom Page already (supposedly) provides with its "Default + Site Specific" option?

grelber #41581 08/25/16 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By: grelber
Originally Posted By: artie505

Under what condition(s)?
How might that lock in site-specific webpage magnification that Zoom Page already (supposedly) provides with its "Default + Site Specific" option?

I find it to be a nuisance when I want to revert, because I always have trouble figuring out where I started.

The major problem is that it's totally non-specific, rather you've got to invoke it on a page by page basis.

I guess its only real advantage is that it works.

Firefox has a font size pref; have you looked into it?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #41583 08/25/16 10:09 AM
grelber Offline OP
OP Offline

I think that it'd be more of a nuisance than a boon. It's far faster to do what I've been doing when necessary (since it's just a flick of the wrist and a click of the mouse).

Font-sizing doesn't do the trick. The magnification needs to apply to the whole web page (ergo Zoom Page).

But thanks for the suggestions.

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard