FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Safari Favorites Bar, Open Folders With 1 Click
#36292 10/06/15 10:11 AM
OP Offline

In 10.11, Safari, 9.0 —

In the Favorites Bar I have several folders with assorted bookmarks therein.

To the right of these folders is a small black square, indicating that a single click on that folder will open all the bookmarks therein.

But I can’t figure out how that’s done in Safari 9.0.

Is that still doable or does the problem reside with moi? confused

Harv
27" i7 iMac (10.13.6), iPhone Xs Max (12.1)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Re: Safari Favorites Bar, Open Folders With 1 Click
Pendragon #36294 10/06/15 02:18 PM

In the Favorites bar look for the ⌵ symbol to the right of name of the Favorites list and click on it to reveal the list of items in that list. At the bottom of the list you will see "Open In New Tabs" — click that to open everything in the list each in its own tab

If you are looking at the Favorites menu in Safari's sidebar, Control+Click or right click on the "reveal" arrow and the option "Open In New Tabs" will appear.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
Re: Safari Favorites Bar, Open Folders With 1 Click
joemikeb #36300 10/06/15 05:27 PM
OP Offline

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
In the Favorites bar look for the ⌵ symbol to the right of name of the Favorites list and click on it to reveal the list of items in that list. At the bottom of the list you will see "Open In New Tabs" — click that to open everything in the list each in its own tab

If you are looking at the Favorites menu in Safari's sidebar, Control+Click or right click on the "reveal" arrow and the option "Open In New Tabs" will appear.

Thanks, JM. Alas, that is what I'm currently doing and indeed that works as divined.

But what I was looking for, I fear, may have been overtaken several OSs ago-- I suspect sometime just as tabs were becoming common. As I recall, when in Safari Sidebar/Edit there was a small square one could click/enable and thenceforth all bookmarks in that folder would open when the folder is clicked. And those folders were identified by a small square to the right of its name. In fact, I still have 3 of them in my Favorites Bar.

I just checked an old 10.10.5 volume and that feature is not there.

The only difference I detect between that old technique and the current system, is that now I must first click on the folder, scroll down to the bottom, and then click again.

I suppose this means that Apple can make changes without my approval. Cheeky devils...

Harv
27" i7 iMac (10.13.6), iPhone Xs Max (12.1)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard