FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Prepaid Wireless Broadband
#13545 01/04/11 12:03 AM
blschue Offline OP
OP Offline

I am going to be traveling in an RV. I am thinking of using a Prepaid Wireless Broadband card to connect to the internet. I have an older 17 inch MacBook Pro with an ExpressCard/34 slot.
Do I need a card reader? and if so, which one to get? Has anyone used the prepaid wireless broadband and which ones should I consider and which ones to avoid. I do not have a smart phone and do not plan on getting one so that is not an option to get on the internet. For my cell phone, I use a TMobile prepaid as I don't use the phone that much. I will be gone for about 2 months so I don't want to sign up for something that requires a monthly fee. When traveling in the RV we spend half of the nights in a Walmart parking lot and alas, there is no WiFi.

Barb Phillips
15" MacBook Pro OS BigSur 11.7.10
Re: Prepaid Wireless Broadband
blschue #13548 01/04/11 02:42 PM

I use a Verizon USB modem and a prepaid plan for mobile broadband access with my MacBook Pro. I have no experience with other providers or an ExpressCard.

T Mobile offers:
Laptop Sticks
Prepaid plans

There is also AT&T mobile broadband. The prepaid data plans are similar for all three.

Back up everything you can't afford to lose: documents, mail, movies, music, photos, and other data and settings.

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard