FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Testers for Spam, Yahoo mail, Gmail, and Hotmail
#13248 12/08/10 03:54 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

I created accounts with these three to test my emails.
Are these honest brokers long term?
Unlike outlook express, I don't have to worry about the sender (me) being in the address book.
I may have already made a mistake, one of them asked "always allow photos from this email" and I think I said ok.
Will it remain an honest broker for judging if others will receie my emails? hope that was clear!

Re: Testers for Spam, Yahoo mail, Gmail, and Hotmail
kevs #13284 12/11/10 11:47 PM

You tell us.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
kevs #13294 12/12/10 05:33 PM

Honest brokers - maybe. But there is still your recipient's ISP, the anti-spam software installed on their computers and the spam filters built into their individual email client software your message has to get past each with its own unique criteria. In other words even if the trials get past Yahoo, GMail, and Hotmail filters it is still a crap shoot whether your clients will receive the message and just like in craps, the odds are against you.

Once again the best and surest means of getting your message across is to make it worth the recipients while to whitelist your messages by placing your sending email address in their address-book.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #13297 12/12/10 07:08 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

thanks Joe, sometimes I just cannot do that. But I get your point.

From what I've heard hotmail has a whitelist only policy, so just about everything goes junk to them unless you are a friend.

AOL is interesting, my email blast is going to the inbox, but then nothing is in the inbox, any idea what thats about?

My blast test perfectly with Yahoo and Gmail.

kevs #13310 12/13/10 11:33 PM

By default, the AOL client filters out HTML unless the users change the default settings. (Or at least it did back when I was still using the AOL client software, before I started using Apple's Mail and IMAP.)

Photo gallery, all about me, and more: www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
tacit #13313 12/14/10 02:42 AM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

thanks Tacit.

hmmm, I thought I had it set to both text/html. I'm using Max Bulk mail. do you know it?

What about Hotmail. I heard you need to apply with them to be whitelisted to get through.

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard