for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Firefox PDFs
#25680 04/09/13 03:06 PM
OP Offline

Sorry to bother you, I'm sure there's a really quick answer to this.

All 4 Macs in this office have identical OS and s/w. However, mine when I click on a website PDF download, it downloads to my desktop as it should.

The next-door Mac, however, when he clicks on a webside PDF download, it does not download but opens/displays within the browser. Very irritating.

What should I fix on the next-door Mac, to make it function in this respect, as mine does?

Every website the same behaviour wrt these two Macs.

I hope that's enough information, and hope someone can jump in with an easy answer to this (presumably) easy question. Thanks!

Re: Firefox PDFs
Bensheim #25681 04/09/13 03:26 PM

Check in the FireFox preferences and compare on both machines to see where you need to change the next door Mac.

Under the Applications tab look for how FireFox is configured to handle PDF's....you have a pull-down field there with several options.....one of which is to Save the file.

Hope that's fast enough to help you out.

Freedom is never free....thank a Service member today.
Re: Firefox PDFs
MacManiac #25684 04/09/13 03:55 PM
OP Offline

EXCELLENT!

I had a look on mine, finally found it, interrupted him, made it do the same thing, tested it, and beat it before he pushed me aside.

THANK YOU.

(Busy office with somewhat stressed folks......)

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard