An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What do you think of this server message?
#12955 11/27/10 05:03 PM
OP Offline

My domain and business email hosting ISP today returned this error message when I tried to log in as usual (to check business emails).

I just blinked.

This server is currently not licensed. Please contact the server administrator. Other services available on this server such as web services are likely functioning normally. (Unknown License File Sum (has=,needed=20).)

Extraordinary, eh? Mind boggling?

With some difficulty, I found their tech support page. There were no customer alerts for this weekend. I left them a ticket. (That's what they call complaints.)

Fortunately, I use a different ISP for internet connection, and this kind of thing is precisely why I do not put all my internet needs in one basket!

Re: What do you think of this server message?
Bensheim #12956 11/27/10 06:59 PM

That error message is being generated by cPanel (I assume that your host uses cPanel as the front end?). It will show up if the cPanel license file isn't installed correctly.

Most often, this means your ISP is doing some sort of maintenance--either upgrading their version of cPanel or re-installing cPanel on their servers. Did you try again after a little while?

Photo gallery, all about me, and more: www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard