for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wrong iTunes App Store ID
#43463 01/24/17 10:32 AM
OP Online

I'm trying to d/l an app to my iPhone 4, and the iTunes Store login screen with which I'm presented displays an incorrect Apple ID, and I can't figure out how to correct it.

As far as I can tell, I've looked at all settings on both the phone and in iTunes, but I'm apparently missing something.

Anybody?

Thanks.

Edit: I realize that I can change my ID from my deuced Mac(hina) and then revert it, but I'd prefer to do it the right way.

Last edited by artie505; 01/24/17 11:09 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Re: Wrong iTunes App Store ID
artie505 #43466 01/24/17 01:06 PM

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #43474 01/24/17 03:49 PM
OP Online

Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately, though, after finally succeeding at hitting enough correct keys to change my Apple ID I learned that the Uber app I want to d/l requires iOS 8, and my iPhone 4 is stuck at v 7.1.2.

Mission accomplished, but only partially. frown

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #43481 01/24/17 09:13 PM

At least you are running iOS 7.

AT&T recently announced they are dropping support for the EDGE network. The earliest generation iPhones and lots of other manufacturers older cell phones can only use the EDGE network. When that goes away the older phones will continue to work, but only if they have a WiFi connection and a VOIP app such as FaceTime or Skype.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #43482 01/24/17 09:29 PM
OP Online

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
At least you are running iOS 7.

AT&T recently announced they are dropping support for the EDGE network. The earliest generation iPhones and lots of other manufacturers older cell phones can only use the EDGE network. When that goes away the older phones will continue to work, but only if they have a WiFi connection and a VOIP app such as FaceTime or Skype.

I've got an iPhone only because it's one that my daughter got wet and is no longer reliably functional as a phone; I use it only for Internet and as a camera, and although I've known that Skype is an option, I've resisted going down that path.

I'm perfectly happy being one of the "Unreachables"! grin

But thanks for mentioning it.

Moderated by  cyn, dianne 

Link Copied to Clipboard