Next Thread
Print Thread
My iPhone can't sync the contacts to Mac
#19357 11/26/11 05:30 AM
jamie Offline OP
Banned
OP Offline
Banned

Hello. Recently I have trouble with my new iMac and iPhone. I can successfully synced the music files from my iPhone to Mac. The question is that my contacts that are still on the iPhone - How do I get these into my Address Book on the iMac? Do you have any ideas??
Help pls!!

Last edited by cyn; 03/13/12 10:37 AM. Reason: Spam thread closed.
Re: My iPhone can't sync the contacts to Mac
jamie #19361 11/26/11 05:31 PM

Apple provides for easy syncing of data from your Mac to your iDevice, but not the other way around. For that, there are many 3rd party solutions, part freeware/donationware, part shareware/commercial. You could search web sites like MacUpdate for iPhone sync or some such to get an idea of your options, but that will require some work digging through the results. Personally I use eCamm's PhoneView, which offers a free demo. I have no connection with this company other than being a satisfied customer.

alternaut moderator
Re: My iPhone can't sync the contacts to Mac
alternaut #19406 11/30/11 05:34 AM

Whenever I added new contacts to my iPhone, on the next sync, iTunes would ask me if I wanted to copy them to my Mac as well. Photos and music can't easily be synced from phone to Mac, but contacts can.

Ah, here it is. I just found it with my iPhone. Plug the iPhone into the computer. When iTunes starts up, click on the iPhone in the panel on the left-hand side. You'll see a screen that has a lot of options along the top: "Summary," "Info," "Apps," "Tones," "Music," and so on.

Click Info. In the top of the Info pane, turn on the option "Sync Address Book Contacts."

Photo gallery, all about me, and more: www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

Moderated by  cyn, dianne 

Link Copied to Clipboard