FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How get rid of Apples Annoying stickers in iMessag
#52651 10/11/19 04:10 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

I just updated the IOS, and received my first message and I accidentally clicked the annoying forced something about stickers and now I see 8 annoying stickers on the left in my recent emoji. I have no idea how to get rid of them.

Does Apple have too many people with nothing to do?

Re: How get rid of Apples Annoying stickers in iMessag
kevs #52655 10/11/19 07:07 PM

Is this what you are talking about? These are considered a major feature of iOS Message and cannot be deleted. However there are several apps available that will provide additional emoji sets that can be used in messages which can be deleted if you do not like or use them. This Apple Knowledge Base article describes how to use them.

A major portion of Apple's market for iOS devices is enamored with the various emoji/Animoji options in iOS Message, so Apple engineers and designers spend a good deal of time and effort developing and extending the offerings. I seldom use the additional options, and find them easy to ignore.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #52661 10/11/19 10:36 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Joe here is what I see when I want to respond to a pre=existing message:

https://i.postimg.cc/6QzDj9rm/Screen-Shot-2019-10-11-at-4-33-06-PM.jpg

Those horse on the left, I did not add them, and have no idea why they are there or how to get rid of them.

Last edited by kevs; 10/11/19 10:40 PM.
joemikeb #52664 10/12/19 02:40 PM

I have no idea where the unicorns came from, it is amazing what apps can and will decide to add a set oif emoji to the list — And they don’t ask permission. However, if you will scroll the list of emoji sets all the way to the right there should be an ellipsis (...). Touch that ellipsis and you will be presented with a list of available emoji/Animoji sets. Those appearing under favorites are the ones that normally show. Click on Edit at the top right of that window and you can edit the list in the normal manner. By-the-way, the basic Unicorn emoji is part of Apple’s emoji set. Then it will be up to you to determine which emoji pack is the culprit and turn it off.

There are a number of Unicorn sticker packs in the iOS App Store most of them saccharine sweet in nature but I didn’t have the time to see if I could find your particular Unicorns. But IIRC I have seen at least some of them before.

Last edited by joemikeb; 10/12/19 03:35 PM.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
kevs #52669 10/12/19 04:02 PM

Getting rid of them permanently is one thing, getting them out of sight is another. If you slide you emoji listings to the left, those "super-emojis" will vanish from view, and your usual set will appear each and every time thereafter. At least for me, the emojis seem to remember from where I selected for the next use.

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.
Ira L #52671 10/12/19 05:41 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Joe, I see the ellipse ..., but when I click it I don't see anything about editing.

thanks Ira, they are not sliding to the left, seem fixed.

kevs #52672 10/12/19 09:39 PM
kevs Offline OP
OP Offline

just tested, they don't get overridden, actually they override the section of my favorites, but the stickers I don't want just stay there.

Moderated by  cyn, dianne 

Link Copied to Clipboard