An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
iPhone Sent Mail Folder Not Synching to MBP…
#22143 06/04/12 06:25 PM
OP Offline

…and vice versa.

I want the folders to be identical, whichever device I send from. Haven't found a fix anywhere. An unaddressed known issue?

I use Apple Mail, IMAP to iCloud.

Re: iPhone Sent Mail Folder Not Synching to MBP…
HappyDog #22144 06/04/12 09:16 PM

FWIW, I just checked and the sent mail folder on my iMac, iPhone, and iPad are all identical with two minor exceptions
  • The sort order on the iMac was in ascending order and on the two iDevices it was in descending order. That was easily fixed by clicking on "Sort by date" at the top of the list and selecting descending on the drop down menu
  • On the iMac I saw all the sent messages from the last 30 days (I have the mailbox preferences set to delete delete sent messsages over 30 days old) while on the iPhone and iPad I had to click on "load more messages" at the bottom of the list to see the entire list. This latter is to save data bandwidth and I don't know that it can be overridden on iOS 5.
So for all intents and purposes the three were identical. If your results are different, I suggest checking the account setup on each device. It may be one of your devices is configured to access the account as POP rather than IMAP or on your iMac check Mail > Preferences > Accounts > Mailbox Behaviors > Sent and be sure the box labeled "Store Sent mail on the server" is checked.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
Re: iPhone Sent Mail Folder Not Synching to MBP…
joemikeb #22148 06/06/12 01:06 AM
OP Offline

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
It may be one of your devices is configured to access the account as POP rather than IMAP or on your iMac check Mail > Preferences > Accounts > Mailbox Behaviors > Sent and be sure the box labeled "Store Sent mail on the server" is checked.

That seems to have fixed it. I'd briefly tried that earlier, but saw messages disappear from the Sent Mail folder on my Mac. I should have left it long enough to see that it works.

Thanks.

Moderated by  cyn, dianne 

Link Copied to Clipboard