Customer ran their PMG5 out of disk space months ago and continued to purchase media directly with their AppleTV, so it contains many purchases that aren't on the computer yet.

Upgraded the HDD today, (cloned) and went to sync the AppleTV to get the media over to it so it will stream to the newer AppleTVs he has in several rooms, but iTunes refuses to see it as a syncable device. I notice the name of the shared music library has been changed, and I tried changing it to match the name shown on the AppleTV, but the AppleTV continues to show it's synced with the old name, which matches the current name, and yet does not show up in iTunes as a syncable device.

I can add the G5's library to the AppleTV as a source computer for streaming, and its name shows up identically to the entry at the top of the list with the links oo indicating its paired with the top entry, and yet shows the same name below as a streaming source.

Now of course if I unpair the AppleTV it's going to wipe all the purchases off the device. I'd rather not bust open the unit and pull the HDD and drag and drop it off if I can avoid that. (it should play fine, the computer is authorized)

Is there a way to "fix" this association problem?

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department