FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page Setup Menu
#7962 01/27/10 05:32 PM
Douglas Online OP
OP Online

Is there a way to change or delete paper sizes from this menu? There are a lot of paper sizes that I will never use and I have a number of custom sizes so I'd like to narrow down the list to eliminate papers sizes I will never use.

Thanks,

Re: Page Setup Menu
Douglas #8057 01/30/10 05:22 PM

It has not been that many years back there were frequent questions along the line of "How do I add additional paper sizes?" In fact the additional standard paper sizes and Custom sizes were considered an upgrade feature when it came along. However, I did some exploration with EasyFind and found...
  1. Custom paper sizes are stored in a property list (.plist) file in the users ~/Preferences folder.
  2. Standard paper sizes are stored in
    1. various resource files in the system
    2. resources within some applications packages
    3. some printer drivers
So there is no preference setting or single point you can go to and delete or modify the list of standard paper sizes. The only solution I can suggest is making a feature request on Apple's Mac OS X Feedback and maybe there will be a "fix" in OS X 10.7 or 10.8.

NOTE: You will not receive an acknowledgement of your Feedback post, but it will be recorded and dispositioned by the OS X design and development team.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein

Moderated by  alternaut, dkmarsh, joemikeb 

Link Copied to Clipboard