for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
18% in one month
#4594 10/02/09 01:06 AM
OP Offline

Apple announced 18% of Macs are using Snow Leopard in one month. There is another thread here in the lounge about traffic dropping. We initiated the Mac OS X 10.6.x forum here at FineTunedMac in anticipation of a heavy traffic load associated with the upgrade but there are only 18 topics and not all of them are problem related or even Snow Leopard related.

I have been with OS X since the Public Beta and to the best of my memory Snow Leopard has to be the most trouble free and perhaps the most rapidly adopted upgrade to date. A real yawner as far as problems go. Not that I am complaining you understand, quite the contrary! grin grin grin

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
Re: 18% in one month
joemikeb #4595 10/02/09 01:28 AM

That's certainly a good sign but MacFixit (remember that site?) is reporting several possible issues with SL.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
joemikeb #4599 10/02/09 05:29 AM

My recollection is that traffic in the old country dropped dramatically with Leopard's release; that continued, if not increasing, behavior since Snow Leopard's release seems to suggest that Apple may be on the verge of finally "getting it right."

But has anybody else noticed that in addition to the dearth of troubleshooting posts there has been a huuuge decrease in the number of "how do you do such and such...does anybody know of an app" requests we get?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
jchuzi #4611 10/02/09 12:51 PM

Yes, I've seen many threads on other forums in which people are complaining bitterly about how much SL has messed up their Macs. Many are asking how to go about jumping back to 10.5 and others are holding out for 10.6.2

Printer problems, problems with Spaces... seem to be the most often mentioned issues, but there are many others.

Gregg #4623 10/02/09 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Gregg
Yes, I've seen many threads on other forums in which people are complaining bitterly about how much SL has messed up their Macs. Many are asking how to go about jumping back to 10.5 and others are holding out for 10.6.2

Printer problems, problems with Spaces... seem to be the most often mentioned issues, but there are many others.

Which is no different from any other change in cat names. How quickly we forget all the problems people reported with the move from Tiger to Leopard. I, for one, have pretty much nothing to report in the area of problems moving to Snow Leopard. It was probably the smoothest upgrade I have ever experienced in my time using Macs. Printers, scanners, modem, USB, external drives, no issues. Applications? Just waiting for Roxio to fix Toast 10 and CDSpinDoctor 6 which they say is RSN. Everything else works.

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard