FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Political Asylum
#3910 09/17/09 03:16 AM
OP Offline

[couldn't think of a more appropriate title, but..]
It's time for more basic Lounge-type topics to emerge.

A little (real "reality show") edutainment for you kids:

The Unauthorized 9.12 Teabagger Tour

Comments?

Re: Political Asylum
Hal Itosis #3945 09/17/09 07:42 PM

Hee! I love those guys. They're so utterly ridiculous and over-the-top they're like parodies of themselves. "Obama=Hitler..." Wow. I wonder if you can invoke Godwin's Law on the real world. smile

Photo gallery, all about me, and more: www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Re: Political Asylum
Hal Itosis #4284 09/24/09 06:10 PM

I know folks who feel and act that way. Although many didn't care for Jimmy Carter's explanation he was correct. It's about race in most cases. Those funny-guys are using any topic with momentum or exposure to demonstrate against what they don't have the guts to say on a sign or are prevented from dispaying.

In the Deep South where the cameras hardly ever go the residents are proud of their prejudice positions and say what they think. If attending a teabagger convention and they have a sign that expresses their true sentiment they are removed from the tea party. You can only use topics around the periphery, you cannot attend with signs that express the real reason you may be attending, so they look silly behind the sign of a Birther but underlying that goofy sign is a product of prejudice.

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard