FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The recent and ongoing sickening news
#47095 11/30/17 02:55 PM
ryck Offline OP
OP Offline

As the numbers of men losing their positions due to sexual impropriety (or worse) rises, I have constantly wondered…Why? Why would anyone, with so much to lose both in finances and stature, risk it all on these misadventures?

And, the most quizzical part to me is that all these men had both “star power” and great funds, so they could easily get whatever sexual proclivity they desired....anywhere, any time. And yet they chose to destroy the lives of innocent young women who simply were trying to make their way in the world. Why?

Last edited by ryck; 11/30/17 02:57 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
Re: The recent and ongoing sickening news
ryck #47096 11/30/17 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: ryck
As the numbers of men losing their positions due to sexual impropriety (or worse) rises, I have constantly wondered…Why? Why would anyone, with so much to lose both in finances and stature, risk it all on these misadventures?
And, the most quizzical part to me is that all these men had both “star power” and great funds, so they could easily get whatever sexual proclivity they desired....anywhere, any time. And yet they chose to destroy the lives of innocent young women who simply were trying to make their way in the world. Why?

Just as rape and other sexual violence isn't about sex — it's about exercise of power and control (and perhaps the previous belief that even if caught there would be no repercussions of any import — q.v. the White House Maestro's pussy-grabbing perspective that if one's a "star", by whatever metric, anything is permitted, even if he's now trying to back away from that stance by claiming that it's "fake news").
There may be additional perverseness and mental imbalance, but that's pretty much it.

The story turns even darker in our bailiwick (north of the 49th), as our National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women is finding out. Even non-"stars", such as pig farmer Robert Pickton in BC's Lower Mainland, try to exercise the power.

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard