FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Answering spam calls ...
#31484 10/10/14 05:07 PM
grelber Offline OP
OP Offline

... since the Do Not Call list obviously doesn't work.

• Make all the right selections to get to a live person (since first contact is usually a recorded voice).

• No matter what (apparent) sex the caller is, first say: "I'm really glad you called/contacted me." You might embellish further with a whimsical 'why' (eg, "I've been so terribly lonely as of late."

• Then say any number of other things which are creatively/arousingly sexual in nature, such as:
– "What are you wearing, honey/sweetie/sugar?"
– "What part of your body do you like to have fondled (ever so softly)?"

• The outcome is likely to be one of two things, possibly both: You will never be called by that company again or you will wind up with a date with gratifying potential. How's that for a win-win situation?!

All told, you get to make spam calls entertaining and psychologically satisfying rather than just pissing you off.

Go for the gusto!

Re: Answering spam calls ...
grelber #31490 10/11/14 01:22 PM

Legitimate agencies, charities, etc. will likely honor a request to be removed from their lists and they are under no obligation to honor the do not call registry. The others simply add your number to a call list used by hundreds of other companies and spammers who ignore the do not call list. By the way don't forget to renew your registration on the do not call lists.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
Re: Answering spam calls ...
joemikeb #31493 10/11/14 02:34 PM
grelber Offline OP
OP Offline

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
By the way don't forget to renew your registration on the do not call lists.

That might work in the good ol' USA, but the equivalent in Canada seems to guarantee that spammers and other ne'er-do-wells will acquire the DNC list and make it their Definitely-Call list. That way they have a 'live' list, and the penalties for using it illegally are trivial, even if they are caught. The government's response to complaints of that nature is on the order of "Oops ... my bad, but there's nothing we can do about it unless they turn themselves in."

Aside: I particularly enjoy the regular calls from the Google tech support lady who wants to verify my bona fides.

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard