Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ya gotta love it!
#13364 12/18/10 09:01 AM
OP Online

I filed this bug report:

Quote:
Summary: Storing Address Book Archive in ~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook causes Disk Utility > Restore to fail.

Steps to Reproduce: 1. Create Address Book Archive via Address Book > File > Export > Address Book Archive.
2. Save Address Book - [date].abbu to ~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook.
3. Attempt file-level "Restore" of volume to backup volume.

Expected Results: Bootable backup volume.

Actual Results: Disk Utility chokes on Address Book - [date].abbu ("Could not restore - File name too long"), and trying to boot into backup volume results in kernel panic at startup.

I received this response:

Quote:
Engineering has provided the following information in order to reach a resolution:

To restore an Address Book archive, launch Address Book and choose File > Import.
Do not use Disk Utility.

Apple has marked my bug report "Closed." shocked grin

(I reopened it.)

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Re: Ya gotta love it!
artie505 #13370 12/19/10 09:08 PM

Wow. SOMEONE sure didn't read your report!

Photo gallery, all about me, and more: www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Re: Ya gotta love it!
tacit #13588 01/07/11 02:44 AM
OP Online

I posted three responses to the incorrect Engineering evaluation of my bug report with no joy and finally posted a new report (which has apparently been read by somebody with at least a modicum of reading comprehension).

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard