for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
They can hear you......
#2310 08/28/09 07:49 PM
OP Offline

Have you ever had this phenomenon? Machines can hear you talking about them?

Recently, my trusty old networked laser printer started acting up. It's a Brother, good brand, terrific with Macs, had it for years, but it would not behave. After trying several fixes I phoned the supplier of the consumables (drum unit, toner cartridge, fairly expensive) and said within the hearing of the printer that I was going to replace the printer and could we come to a deal to get my money back on unopened consumables?

A couple of days later he came back to me with a deal, and the same day, the printer started to behave itself again. The consumables never got swapped, in fact they've been used and I've ordered more of them.

Same thing with my CD player. It started acting up - volume control not working, not recognising a new disk. I got on the internet to source a replacement, then as soon as it arrived in the house, hey! the CD player started to behave itself again. The new one is still unpacked......

They Can Hear You!

That's why my trusty G4 behaves itself all the time. Because I tell it, out loud, all the time, how wonderful it is. smile

Re: They can hear you......
Bensheim #2315 08/28/09 07:56 PM

::: looks suspiciously at my MacPro. Wonders if it is selling secrets :::

There are 3 kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.
Bensheim #2319 08/28/09 08:35 PM

That's scary! ...because I am unable to hear the machines talking about me! :eek:

Bensheim #2385 08/29/09 05:36 PM
Banned
Banned

Apparently, My TiBook either wasn't listening to me telling it how great it was and how much I loved it, or it was deaf. mad

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard