for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ubb style editing - hotkeys... ?
#39942 04/15/16 02:53 PM
OP Offline

I use a few other forums that run this bbs software (I think) and I found a feature entirely by accident that doesn't seem to work here.

While editing a post, I wanted to start italics, and I hit cmd-i (muscle memory, from textedit and composing messages in mail). To my great surprise, I got a "[ I ] [ / I ]" added to my text, and my cursor moved in between the two. well... that's slick! I tested it again with bold and it works the same, both the open and close tag get added, and my cursor is put in the middle.

Has anyone else noticed this feature anywhere else? Is it an option here?

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department
Re: ubb style editing - hotkeys... ?
Virtual1 #39947 04/15/16 04:22 PM

In Safari, command-I opens an email with a link to your current page, so I don't see how it could invoke italics; command-B does nothing for me here.

I get similar functionality from AutoPairs.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Virtual1 #39958 04/15/16 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Virtual1
... While editing a post, I wanted to start italics, and I hit cmd-i (muscle memory, from textedit and composing messages in mail). To my great surprise, I got a "[ I ] [ / I ]" added to my text, and my cursor moved in between the two. well... that's slick! I tested it again with bold and it works the same, both the open and close tag get added, and my cursor is put in the middle.
Has anyone else noticed this feature anywhere else? Is it an option here?

It sure doesn't work in Firefox.
When I try ⌘-i, it opens the Info page; with ⌘-b, it opens the Bookmark sidebar.

Virtual1 #39965 04/15/16 10:56 PM

In Technology Preview ⌘i inserts the web page image into an email along with the page URL. ⌘B does nothing. .

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn, dkmarsh 

Link Copied to Clipboard