for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
'Watched Topic' problem
#22639 07/23/12 08:32 PM
OP Offline

I selected to watch this topic* and have gotten quite a few emails, busier than expected wink But now when I go here and select Topic Options to remove my subscription, I have a Subscribe option instead of an Unsubscribe? bug?

*) This post was removed from the thread My New MacBook Pro and changed into a separate topic in the FTM Feedback forum.

Last edited by alternaut; 07/23/12 09:38 PM. Reason: adjusted title and added explanation

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department
Re: 'Watched Topic' problem
Virtual1 #22642 07/23/12 09:32 PM

I just went through the motions of adding that thread to my Watched Topics list, and the option then changed to remove it from the list. So if it's a bug it seems to be localized to your Mac, an unlikely scenario.

If you clear Safari's cache, or quit and reload Safari (if possible), do things revert back to what they should be?

alternaut moderator
Virtual1 #22644 07/23/12 10:31 PM
cyn Online
Administrator
Administrator

It's a bug, been around since the MFIF days. The correct option will show for awhile and then at some point will revert.

Easy to work around though: if you're subscribed to a thread yet see Add Topic to your Watched Topics in the menu, click it and the topic will be removed from your Watched Topics.

FineTunedMac Forums Admin
cyn #22649 07/24/12 01:14 AM
OP Offline

weirder and weirder.

I tried to select to subscribe again and repeated this several times but it kept offering only a subscribe option.

Then I went to view my subscribed topics to hope to find a delist option there and I was surprised to see it list two pages of watched topics...

So I did a "clear list" I think it was, it didn't explicitely say it was going to unsubscribe from them all but I assumed that's what it meant. The list was then empty.

But I've gotten five replies since then. But THIS time when I clicked on one email link, it had a Remove option so I selected that. Lets hope it works. Lots of traffic in that thread wink

thanks for the help and yes I was thinking "I probably shouldn't have posted that problem there" after the fact.

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn, dkmarsh 

Link Copied to Clipboard