for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How goes the Board Rules?
#6332 12/03/09 08:25 PM
OP Offline

I thought I would read up on what is expected of posters here so that I don't make mistakes, and oops! This is the board rules:

You're free to participate in these Forums as long as you're willing to accept the sort of reasonable boundaries necessary to maintain civil discourse which respects the rights of others, and to accept that those making this site available to you are the final arbiters of what constitutes "reasonable."

Our intent is not to be vague; a more comprehensive set of Board Rules will replace this document as soon as the content is finalized.
-------------------------------------------------

So, 4 months since opening shop, any progress?

[url=Http://www.jbrphotography.com][url=Http://www.jbrphotography.com][url=Http://www.jbrphotography.com]Http://www.jbrphotography.com[/url][/url][/url]

Re: How goes the Board Rules?
johnkentucky #6333 12/03/09 08:44 PM
OP Offline

Huh, something's up because my signature wasn't entered like that.

[url=Http://www.jbrphotography.com][url=Http://www.jbrphotography.com][url=Http://www.jbrphotography.com]Http://www.jbrphotography.com[/url][/url][/url]

johnkentucky #6335 12/03/09 09:48 PM

Try changing the initial character of the URL from H to h.

As for the Board Rules, they're being worked on as time and energy permits. I don't know if you're aware of the history of FineTunedMac, but we essentially built a new site from scratch, with the look and feel of the MacFixIt Forums and staffed by the MFIF admin and mods, and opened for business within a week of tacit's first floating out the idea. There are plenty of rough edges yet to be smoothed out; in an ideal world, we'd've done a lot of that before going live, but since CNET gave us barely a week's notice before shuttering MFIF, there wasn't time.

I appreciate your desire to improve things here—if that's what's motivating you—but I respectfully suggest that you hang out a little, see what goes on, and maybe take a turn at participating in a troubleshooting thread or two before continuing your career as a roving forum critic. Your credibility will be greater if you show that you're interested in making a substantive contribution to our mission: "making it as easy as possible for folks with Macintosh problems or questions to find answers and advice."

dkmarsh—member, FineTunedMac Co-op Board of Directors
dkmarsh #6342 12/04/09 02:36 AM
OP Offline

I'll certainly give it a try.

johnkentucky #6357 12/04/09 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: johnkentucky
I'll certainly give it a try.

Besides the uppercase H, that link appears to be the convolution of 3 links applied recursively.

Here, copy/paste this:

[url=http://www.jbrphotography.com]www.jbrphotography.com[/url]

Hal Itosis #6378 12/05/09 12:49 AM

Heh...it's kind of funny to me how ingrained proper spelling, grammar and punctuation are...and that also includes letter case.

I'm so used to using proper case that when I have to spell something out with all lower case, it slows me down because I have to be conscious of what I'm doing.

This was a terrible impediment to me when I first started posting URLs to stuff on my Comcast space years ago. The file names are case sensitive, and I would regularly post links to images, songs and what—not that sent surfers down the 404 hole because I messed up the letter cases.

We write what we are.
dkmarsh #6386 12/05/09 07:35 AM

> "as time and energy permits"

Imagine if FTM had "caught fire," as we all hoped it would, and you guys had volume to deal with on top of everything else.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn, dkmarsh 

Link Copied to Clipboard