for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
FTM UBB theme?
#5342 10/26/09 07:03 PM
OP Online

Were you guys playing around with the FTM color scheme this morning around 6:30 AM EDT?

Unless I've gone totally loopy, much of my screen all of a sudden turned a reeeally nice blue that was easy on the eyes...very pleasing to look at.

I'd love to see it as FTM's persistent color scheme.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
Re: FTM UBB theme?
artie505 #5362 10/27/09 09:06 AM
OP Online

So I'm not loopy after all (Mon, 10-27, 4:45 AM EST)...

Forums Index

and

#$!& YO'COUCH?

(Unless this is a surprise birthday gift for Alex a response to my original post would have been in order.)

And I stand pat.. I like it!

Edit: What?

It's reverted again, but at least it's documented this time.

Wait a minute... I don't get it...

My screenshots have changed color, too; how can my uploaded screenshots have changed color?

Has anybody got any idea what's going on here?

Edit #2: I just discovered that I never closed the image upload windows (FreeImageHosting.net) and that the thumbnails displayed, like the screenshots, are not the same color as they originally were.

Does that give anybody a clue as to what happened?

Last edited by artie505; 10/27/09 09:47 AM.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #5366 10/27/09 11:40 AM

Quote:
...a response to my original post would have been in order.

Well, since the color scheme I see in the FTM forums has not changed at all since Day One, and since your screen captures reveal a color scheme identical to that which I see in the forums, I suspect no one knew what the hell you were talking about.

Quote:
It's reverted again...

...how can my uploaded screenshots have changed color?

...the thumbnails displayed, like the screenshots, are not the same color as they originally were.

Let's see:
  • colors changing on remotely hosted images, but only when viewed on your display?
  • colors changing on images stored on your own drive, then changing again, unbidden?
If it walks like a duck... frown

I'll be moving this thread to Mac Desktops & Notebooks unless someone can come up with an interpretation of these symptoms that doesn't indicate video issues with your MacBook.

dkmarsh—member, FineTunedMac Co-op Board of Directors
dkmarsh #5377 10/27/09 03:04 PM
OP Online

The best I can do is tell you that I doubt it's a video issue, because when I saw what I described in my post, every screen other than my FTM screen looked just like it was supposed to look. (The blue themed thumbnails, for instance, were displayed on a page on which nothing was blue other than the FTM theme in the thumbnails.)

And this has now happened two nights running...similar time frame...exact same scenario.

I'll just have to see if it happens again and either get a good screenshot or a good shrink.

(The uploaded screenshots have left me doubting my sanity just like you do, but I linked to them several times before the reversion and they displayed a blue theme every time.)

> [...] since your screen captures reveal a color scheme identical to that which I see in the forums, I suspect no one knew what the hell you were talking about.

That's rotten logic! My original post, which went up before I posted my screenshots, merely posed a question that called for a simple "Yes" or "What the hell are you talking about" response.

And you have a nice day, too. grin

artie505 #5386 10/27/09 05:48 PM

Quote:
That's rotten logic!

Excuse me for being unclear. My initial reaction to your initial post was what the hell is he talking about?

Because I don't like to jump to conclusions by assuming that the world is experiencing every phenomenon that I am, I thought it prudent to allow time for anyone with a different reaction (e.g., someone who perhaps understood what the hell you were talking about) to respond before I weighed in.

Since no one else had done so by the time of your second post, I concluded that the phenomenon you described didn't ring a bell with anyone else who read the post. Furthermore, since your screenshots appeared normal, and since I'd been online at the time you described the phenomenon as having initially manifested itself and saw nothing out of the ordinary, I surmised—after reading your second post—that no one knew what the hell you were talking about in your first post.

You have a nice day too.

dkmarsh #5390 10/27/09 09:11 PM
OP Online

OK. smile

> "I'd been online at the time you described the phenomenon as having initially manifested itself and saw nothing out of the ordinary"

Thanks for posting that; it offers insight as well as contributes to my confusion.

I don't think I'll be on line tonight, so we're on hold for a coupl'a days.

dkmarsh #5590 11/06/09 12:15 PM
OP Online

Maybe this somehow meshes with my original (?)issue(?):

Since day one, when I try to enlarge a "Reply" window and have my cursor misplaced in the grey side border the entire reply window and however far down my screen I move my cursor is selected..turns blue.

Tonight, for the first time ever, and once, and only once, the typed lines, only, turned blue while the background remained white. (Damn... Didn't get a screenshot!)

To possibly connect this with my original post, here's what happened that night:

The theme I'm running is ubbthreads_finetunedmac...can't even name the colors, and when the original issue manifested itself the colored areas of my screen turned blue while the background remained white.

confused

dkmarsh #6753 12/16/09 11:44 AM
OP Online

> I'll be moving this thread to Mac Desktops & Notebooks unless someone can come up with an interpretation of these symptoms that doesn't indicate video issues with your MacBook.

I'd appreciate your finally doing this.

Alternatively, since most of this thread has absolutely no bearing on my issue as I will present it, I'll start a new thread.

Your option.

Thanks.

artie505 #6758 12/16/09 01:26 PM

Go ahead and start a new thread.

dkmarsh #7248 01/04/10 03:40 AM

Hey... i made a post showing our color palette choices over <here>.

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn, dkmarsh 

Link Copied to Clipboard