An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Lounge Jump to new posts
Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... ryck 01/22/21 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by artie505
Now, now, that's a regression to the original title of this thread, along the lines of my having hoped for a 22-gun salute. shocked
....and my musing whether a firing squad would count as a military send-off.
....having him around to prevent people like Pompeo and Cruz, in particular, from mounting cohesive 2024 campaigns is an appealing idea, provided, of course, that he merely muddles the mix, but doesn't run.
We'll see if he's able to run. Hopefully the impeachment trial ends with a ban on him ever holding any public office.
460 107,011 Read More
Networking Jump to new posts
Re: TeamViewer jaybass 01/21/21 11:47 PM
I had my doubts about TeamViewer but when Jason Snell ( writes for Macworld) said it was ok, I thought I would post it here for a second opinion.

I do have ClamXAV which runs in the background and has on several occasions alerted me immediately when malware/virus is detected.

Thanks for your advice Joe.

jaybass
2 19 Read More
Lounge Jump to new posts
Re: Coronavirus information: assorted web links artie505 01/21/21 08:03 PM
I've got no idea what's going on in NYC.

Early on in the pandemic I got at least one robo-call a week from the NYC Health Department - even got one from a live person - but that ended when things lightened up, and I haven't heard so much as a peep out of them since then, even since the surge began.

I know that my dentist got his first shot on Monday, and I know nothing more about vaccinations than that.
156 15,961 Read More
Mac Applications Jump to new posts
Re: camera raw freelance 01/21/21 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by jaybass
Thanks for the heads up.
You're welcome.

Because it is a sophisticated product, there is (unfortunately) a learning curve. Some, but not all, of the key commands are the same as Photoshop. There are good instruction videos on Affinity's website.

I still have a copy of Photoshop CS 5.5 on my old Mac Pro, which I had to fall back on to do my Christmas card, but I can manage most things in Affinity Photo now. I have Affinity Designer and Publisher, as well. £75 for a lifetime license to replace Adobe CS is a bargain. I'm not convinced it's as good, but I don't need it as a work tool anymore.
10 110 Read More
Mac Desktops & Notebooks Jump to new posts
Re: M1 Surprises 🤹🏼 jchuzi 01/18/21 08:06 PM
30 585 Read More
Lounge Jump to new posts
Re: Ad astra: another passing. ryck 01/18/21 01:02 AM
Phil Spector who rose to the top as a record producer but died in jail, a convicted murderer.
818 2,532,190 Read More
Networking Jump to new posts
Re: Safari Networking CPU Usage ryck 01/17/21 08:08 PM
Do you ever quit Safari or shut down your iMac?
Originally Posted by jchuzi
I rarely quit Safari but I do shut down at the end of each day.
I am also Safari 14.0.2 and use the NYT site without issue. I often quit and restart Safari (e.g. before going to a financial site in order to clear unwanted cookies) but I seldom shut down my iMac. At the end of day I log out, which quits all applications first.
7 147 Read More
iTunes, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV Jump to new posts
Re: Sound sent Mail on iphone joemikeb 01/17/21 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by keys
But do like the sound when I send... Possible?

Maybe with another email app, but as far as I know in Mail it is all or nothing.
7 73 Read More
Lounge Jump to new posts
Re: How Things Have Changed alternaut 01/16/21 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by MartyByrde
Having the ability to use 2 5 1/4" disks was the bomb!
That particular bomb blew up the (in)famous disk shuffle with copying, as did the external 3.5" drives for those Macs that only had one! tongue
5 92 Read More