An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
iTunes, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV
Jump to new posts Re: Where's all the data going? by Bob_00001 @ Today at 06:45 PM

I think I may have solved the problem. I held my breath and installed the latest version of iOS today. The phone is surprisingly well behaved, so far. I've avoided updating iOS after having two bad experiences. My problems began two updates ago. Afte
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Wait for Apple Silicon by alternaut @ Today at 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: ryckNo need to quote the article about the things that users should be doing to protect themselves. In our home that has been the modus operandi for a long time… I had little doubt you’d be on top of that, but the quote was
Networking
Jump to new posts Re: Yahoo mail corrupted?? by plantsower @ Today at 05:38 PM

I didn't know there was a difference in restarting and actually shutting down!!I thought restarting was a short cut to shutting down but did the same thing. Live and learn. Thanks, Artie. Originally Posted By: artie505Hi, Rita. In order of how &q
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Coronavirus information: assorted web links by alternaut @ Today at 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: artie505It's a shame that it's taken Twitter and Facebook so long to exercise their rights. Right, but what about that pesky social responsibility, duty even? Not surprisingly, all that appears subject to the almighty Dollar, he
Networking
Jump to new posts Re: Mail will not retrieve emails by plantsower @ Today at 02:04 PM

Hi Jon: Unfortunately, I tried almost all those techniques before I wrote to FTM. I don't use Outlook and I did not update. I CANNOT delete my Yahoo account from my mail program, so I tried to add it again. But, it said my account was already th
Mac Desktops & Notebooks
Jump to new posts Re: Dongle question by joemikeb @ Today at 04:48 AM

Originally Posted By: artie505 It's not ideal, but it's probably the best that can be done under the circumstances: each of the adapters is accessible and manageable. I wonder if Anker balks at paying Amazon for placement, because my "USB C to
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Apparently I wasn’t the only one waiting... by artie505 @ Today at 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: joemikebOn The Other Hand: It appears apple is making it exceedingly difficult to create a bootable system image backup. 🤓 Whatever happened to "user friendly" and "it just works?" Even before this I've r
Mac OS X Applications
Jump to new posts Re: "Markdown" by joemikeb @ 08/05/20 05:57 AM

Originally Posted By: artie505Sorry for not thanking you for that sooner, but I've been trying to figure out if and where it fits into MY life, and I've finally decided that it's nothing more than something to keep in mind rather than implement. I g
Mac OS X Applications
Jump to new posts Re: MalwareBytes Use the Full Protection or not? by artie505 @ 08/05/20 12:07 AM

None of the Mike's "disadvantages" is a deal breaker for me; they're more things to be Aware of than BEware of. As you say, it's sooo darn fast and convenient. (My entire installation is about 30 GB, and even when I delete my Checkpoint sn