An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Networking Jump to new posts
Re: Mail has lost folder structure andycap 08/10/22 06:05 PM
Many thanks mate.

Before I saw your post we had tried the virtual blockbuster by using Migration Assistant to restore the whole lot via a Time Machine “snapshot” (?) dated a few days ago. This has done the job of getting back the missing folders although, as you might expect, took a good 3 hours. Your solution takes far less time and is much more elegant!
2 50 Read More
Networking Jump to new posts
Re: Social Media Icons plantsower 08/09/22 09:52 PM
Thanks, Joe. I didn't know that would make a difference. I will try to remember to us that when it happens again.

Originally Posted by joemikeb
Originally Posted by plantsower
What is the Domain Name"? You mean www.blahblahblah.com or something else?
Yes, but after thinking about it I realize I use the "fully qualified" domain name, ie. https://www.findtunedmac.com.

It just struck me, the phrase the devil is in the details is often used in these forums, and in this case, the details are in the link. (Okay, that is a bad joke based on an obscure reference, but it is the best I've got this afternoon.) crazy
6 48 Read More
Lounge Jump to new posts
Re: Ad astra: another passing. Ira L 08/09/22 04:50 PM
Maybe not everyone's favorite, but she had an amazing number of country & western, pop and rock 'n roll #1 hits. Plus, she was a pretty good dancer (she could keep up with John Travolta). Olivia Newton-John succumbs to cancer.
875 3,061,941 Read More
Mac Desktops & Notebooks Jump to new posts
Re: New Mac every thing slower joemikeb 08/07/22 10:07 PM
It should settle, but it can take a few days to complete the changes, rearrangements, indexing, etc. and all that eats CPU cycles and slows everything else down.
4 42 Read More
Peripherals Jump to new posts
Re: The torture of 3rd party monitors joemikeb 08/07/22 04:09 AM
Originally Posted by kevs
Thanks Joe! thanks for the form for DRive X, just been sending to the email -- support@ binary fruit, .. never respondes so maybe form do better.

Hopefully. I did contact them once and got an immediate reply, but it is a small shop and stuff happens.

Originally Posted by keys
Just posted a new thread on frustrations with beachballs. But this is even with command N for general finder, so that is not external right? Baffling no? Beachballs all time...10 sec.. have not seen one in years.

Beach balls are not normal, but the SSpotlight index has to be rebuilt, and potentially a new Time Machine base set, and that can take time. But that should settle down within a day or two. If it doesn’t please try disconnecting your external drives and re-booting to see if the problem disappears. I wouldn’t take long and might point to a solution.
34 201 Read More