An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Peripherals
Jump to new posts Re: SSD fails SMART by jchuzi @ Today at 04:14 PM

It appears that it is only possible to encrypt the boot drive with FileVault. Does that mean that I would have to boot from the defective SSD (it is a clone, after all) and then encrypt it? I'm thinking that it would be easier to drill several holes
Mac OS X Applications
Jump to new posts Re: Sending email reminders from Calendar by Ira L @ Today at 01:17 PM

I think the question is sending to a Protomail account. The responses seem to be about sending from Protomail.
Mac OS X System
Jump to new posts Re: Freezes in 10.14.6 by joemikeb @ Today at 08:09 AM

Originally Posted By: artie505I'm going to keep working with Activity Monitor open and see what I can see; it's just occurred to me that the process at the top of the CPU column immediately after the freezes end (AM freezes too.) may be my culprit. (
Mac OS X Applications
Jump to new posts Re: screenshot tips by artie505 @ Yesterday at 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: jchuzi...particularly in disabling the floating thumbnail that I found very annoying. YUP! Thanks for that.
Networking
Jump to new posts Re: Apple Mail Filing Issue by joemikeb @ 08/18/19 12:35 PM

🤦🏻‍♂️Doh! I just re-read your initial post and your response to my first questions and promptly gave myself a "dope slap" for having overlooked the obvious. This is an IMAP account and unless you are moving the message to a mailbox you h
Mac OS X Applications
I figured it out. For anyone interested: Go to System Preferences>Users and Groups>Login Items. You may have to click the padlock and enter your password. At Login Items, click the plus sign. Navigate through folders to Your home>Library
Mac OS X System
Jump to new posts Re: Services Print Selection. by joemikeb @ 08/15/19 01:01 PM

Thanks for bringing up the topic. It led me to find the service and I too find it very useful.
Mac OS X System
Jump to new posts Re: Santa Catalina is running for me... by joemikeb @ 08/14/19 07:49 AM

UPDATE ON PHOTOS All of the processing finally completed sometime late in the afternoon. I was anxious to see all the new features, but at this point it turns out stability is an issue. Every time I try to do something with slideshows, Photos crashe