An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
iTunes, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV
Jump to new posts Re: Show Me the Music by joemikeb @ Today at 04:47 PM

If you do a Show Package contents on Music Library.musiclibrary you will find it is a package file containing Application.musicdb Extras.itdb Genius.itdb Library Preferences.musicdb Library.musicdb Preferences.plist Only Preferences.plist is directl
Jump to new posts Re: Show Me the Music by artie505 @ Today at 09:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Ira LMy Music folder does not go as deep as yours (~/Music/Music/Music Library.musiclibrary), yet it still functions. ?? Yours is as deep as mine was until I moved my Media folder to my external: I had ~/Music/Music/Music Libra
Jump to new posts Re: Show Me the Music by Ira L @ Today at 09:07 AM

Before posting here I did try Googling the issue, but nothing useful showed up. My Music folder does not go as deep as yours (~/Music/Music/Music Library.musiclibrary), yet it still functions. ?? I do have a second library on the startup drive, in
Jump to new posts Re: Show Me the Music by artie505 @ Yesterday at 10:08 AM

I ran into the same exasperating, degenerating to infuriating problem with my secondary iTunes library. First, that file should be at ~/Music/Music/Music Library.musiclibrary, and it and ~/Music/Music/Media are now the only Apple created files in ~
Jump to new posts Re: Show Me the Music by dongreen @ Yesterday at 09:26 AM

So where is your file? I would try copying the file to the proper location and then delete the file and see what happens? If it does work, I would move back or reimport music from that location
Jump to new posts Show Me the Music by Ira L @ Yesterday at 09:01 AM

Fundamental Question: with your Music app (NOT iTunes) set up, what is the location of the file named "Music Library.musiclibrary"? Problem: my file with that name repeatedly shows up on my Desktop as the sole occupant of a folder labeled
For those of you following this thread, I have a similar but different question and I did not want to hijack this thread. If you are interested, please see my post "Show Me the Music", in this forum. Thanks.
Originally Posted By: artie505Since none of my old iTunes music appears to have ".localized" (as similarly seen in CCC and reported by XtraFinder) included in its path, I guess it's a new thing that affects only music newly imported into Mu
artie Thanks for taking the time to research my questions. I am now using Gemini 2 software to do dupe checks of my music and seem to do a pretty good job and more importantly, I have removed the so-called dupes and place in a separate folder for f
Update: Like you, I couldn't find any .localized files in Music, but this thread prompted me to reorganize my music configuration, which resulted in my re-importing the contents of one of my libraries, and during the course of re-importation I was pr
Originally Posted By: dongreenThanks for your update. I did a complete deletion of all songs and did a new import without having the copy to the media folder and that solved the storage problem Thanks! ⇐——snip ——⇒ For example it will
Peripherals
Jump to new posts Re: Message from inkjet printer? by ryck @ 02/16/20 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: freelanceHow the heck did my printer communicate with Canon without my knowledge or permission. Well, I did go online to enable my warranty, maybe I checked a box without paying attention. Could be. I recently set up a new Canon
Thanks for your update. I did a complete deletion of all songs and did a new import without having the copy to the media folder and that solved the storage problem Thanks! The biggest thing I noticed with the Music app vs Itunes is I think it does
Peripherals
Jump to new posts Re: Message from inkjet printer? by freelance @ 02/16/20 12:31 AM

I will report back, if and when...
Originally Posted By: joemikebOriginally Posted By: dongreenlocalized? do a file info look. see link /Users/mymac/Music/itunes Music/Media.localized/Billy Joel/2000 Years - Millennium Concert/10 Allentown.m4a what does it mean? You got me on that
Peripherals
Jump to new posts Re: Message from inkjet printer? by joemikeb @ 02/15/20 03:38 PM

Please let us know one way or the other. I, for one, am curious to see if that is where the "leak" occurred as I have a similar apps on my iPhone for Canon and Brother but so far all I have received are Notifications when an ink cartridge i
Originally Posted By: dongreenAgain let me thank you for your time. To start with my MBP is being setup as a media hub only. So I moved all of my music from another computer to an external hard drive and the decided to put it all on the secondary dr
Peripherals
Jump to new posts Re: Message from inkjet printer? by freelance @ 02/15/20 10:42 AM

Originally Posted By: joemikebBy any chance do you have another device (iPhone, Android, etc.) that links to your printer? If so that may be where the "phone home" occurred. My phone has a Canon app on it. I've switched it off now and I'
Again let me thank you for your time. To start with my MBP is being setup as a media hub only. So I moved all of my music from another computer to an external hard drive and the decided to put it all on the secondary drive on MBP because of quicker
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: A Canada Lynx story by joemikeb @ 02/15/20 09:37 AM

We don't have any Lynx that I know of around here, but last spring everyone in our neighborhood watched a mother bobcat (technically a variety of lynx) train her cubs to hunt the squirrels in our backyards. Neither momma or her youngsters evinced the
Peripherals
Jump to new posts Re: Message from inkjet printer? by joemikeb @ 02/15/20 09:20 AM

By any chance do you have another device (iPhone, Android, etc.) that links to your printer? If so that may be where the "phone home" occurred.
Originally Posted By: dongreen1. I loaded Core Files to secondary drive I assume that was a "drag and drop" operation and unless you held the command key (⌘) that was a "Copy" operation so you then had your Core files duplicated
Peripherals
Jump to new posts Re: Message from inkjet printer? by artie505 @ 02/15/20 07:41 AM

Perhaps there's a Little Snitch log which its devs can examine and determine what happened? You may have inadvertently enabled the connection sometime in the past.
Peripherals
Jump to new posts Message from inkjet printer? by freelance @ 02/15/20 03:49 AM

I received an email from Canon today telling me that the magenta ink in my TS8351 inkjet printer was running low and would I like to replace it, just click the link. I have Little Snitch on my Mac. How the heck did my printer communicate with Canon
a summary of my music setup Mac Media Status 1. Primary Dive has 246.8 GB of music files 2. Secondary Drive 278.6 GB of Music Files 3. Plus My core music files I started out with is on secondary drive 4. 281,5 Gb of music files. Importing proc
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >