An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Google Question by artie505 @ 04/22/19 04:20 PM

Thanks for your thoughts. I don't think it's the playoffs, because I'm seeing around the same number of hits since they've begun that I saw before they started. The Ball fraud may have resulted in a spike, but 1/4 billion hits doesn't seem at all l
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Google Question by dkmarsh @ 04/22/19 10:05 AM

The NBA playoffs are going on, so I would expect an ebb and flow of news stories, Facebook posts, tweets, etc. which could easily vary by that amount. To illustrate via an admittedly more extreme example: I'm certain that the number of results for a
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Google Question by artie505 @ 04/21/19 03:52 PM

Been paying some attention, and search time is definitely not the factor in play here.
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Maybe 45 needs to end it all with a .45 by MacManiac @ 04/21/19 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: JM HanesWell, I'll back off my hyperbolic statement that almost anyone would have been better, but I think it's very difficult to take about foreign policy in a vacuum. We could all design better Presidents than the ones we hav
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Maybe 45 needs to end it all with a .45 by joemikeb @ 04/20/19 06:50 AM

Originally Posted By: jchuziAmen to that. Politics has turned into a lot of name-calling, sarcasm, insults, you name it. Politics should be above all that, even if we at FTM can't control it. But, we can set an example and, in a small way, try to ret
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Teeth the size of bananas by Virtual1 @ 04/19/19 12:16 PM

Originally Posted By: ryckI sure wouldn't want to open the garage door and find this guy standing there. "niiiiice kitty!"
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Maybe 45 needs to end it all with a .45 by freelance @ 04/19/19 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: grelberShould that not be in "facetious quotes"?! Now where did I leave those? They must be lying around here someplace! Oh, yeah! There they are: " "
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Maybe 45 needs to end it all with a .45 by grelber @ 04/19/19 08:33 AM

Originally Posted By: freelanceBrings back fond memories of the old MacFixit Lounge days. Should that not be in "facetious quotes"?! I seem to recall that several out-of-control exchanges resulted in members being banned from MFI despite n
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Google Question by artie505 @ 04/19/19 07:10 AM

I've never seen a "Last Page" option; Google offers me pages #1-10 and "Next".
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Google Question by ryck @ 04/19/19 07:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Ira LRegarding the last 100 results, prior to "Next" on my search results I see the pages of results listed by number; click on the last one to get the last results and work backwards from there if you want. No? Ori
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Google Question by artie505 @ 04/18/19 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: joemikebOriginally Posted By: artie505I realize that Google's algorithms are closely guarded secrets, but can anybody hazard a guess why, when I search for "NBA," the number of results sometimes varies by hundreds of m
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Google Question by artie505 @ 04/18/19 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Ira LRegarding the last 100 results, prior to "Next" on my search results I see the pages of results listed by number; click on the last one to get the last results and work backwards from there if you want. No? Wel
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Teeth the size of bananas by joemikeb @ 04/18/19 11:59 AM

😨 Yikes! Where is that $%&^ garage door closer?
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Google Question by joemikeb @ 04/18/19 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: artie505I realize that Google's algorithms are closely guarded secrets, but can anybody hazard a guess why, when I search for "NBA," the number of results sometimes varies by hundreds of millions from day to day. Give
Lounge
Jump to new posts Teeth the size of bananas by ryck @ 04/18/19 11:15 AM

I sure wouldn't want to open the garage door and find this guy standing there.
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Maybe 45 needs to end it all with a .45 by freelance @ 04/18/19 10:27 AM

Brings back fond memories of the old MacFixit Lounge days.
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Google Question by Ira L @ 04/18/19 08:44 AM

I got 1.26 billion just now. Regarding the last 100 results, prior to "Next" on my search results I see the pages of results listed by number; click on the last one to get the last results and work backwards from there if you want. No