An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Networking Jump to new posts
Re: eMail remote content artie505 09/18/20 10:49 PM
Thanks, guys, but for some reason Ira's post prompted me to go looking, and I found out that it's a bug in Mail 13.4.

When I quit and relaunch Mail, the remote content appears only after I hit the "Load remote content" button, at which point the button disappears.

Subsequently, though, when I click away from the particular email and then back to it, both the remote content and the "Load..." button are there.

(I was never worried about it being a malware problem, because I click on the button only when the sender is a known reliable entity.)
3 32 Read More
Networking Jump to new posts
Re: Safari freezes anyone? artie505 09/18/20 06:57 AM
I'll go out on a limb...again and say that it looks like the freezes have been banished from Safari 14.0 smile cool
36 2,920 Read More
Mac OS X System Jump to new posts
Re: Create a temp Apple ID? artie505 09/18/20 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by joemikeb
Originally Posted by artie505
I don't see "Account" in my Music menu bar. Might it have something to do with my never having purchased any iTunes music?

I don't know, but check System Preferences > Apple ID and see if your Apple Account is setup there. (The last beta update broke Music in Big Sur, it launches straight to an error message. But I have checked my server that is still running Catalina and it does have Account on the Music menu bar.)
I found it! "Account" appears in your Music menu bar only if "iTunes Store" is enabled in Prefs > Restrictions.

It's also in System Prefs as expected.
27 244 Read More
Lounge Jump to new posts
Re: The thread formerly known as: Maybe 45 ... artie505 09/17/20 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by artie505
Now, if "Dubya" would only sign on...
Forty-three signaled his support of Biden after the Democratic National Convention.
From what I"ve read, that's not quite accurate.

The farthest Bush has gone...will go is simply not support Trump, same as he did in 2016. "He's removed from Presidential politics."

More: Bush doesn't have to say that he's going to vote for Biden, but this is no time for him to stand on pretty principles. If he doesn't denounce Trump it will mean that he's forgotten why his father, "the sucker," got shot down in WWII and why HE ran for President in the first place, and he will be complicit if Trump is re-elected and equally complicit in the end of the democracy he grew up in, presumably loved, and led.

If he doesn't denounce Trump he doesn't love the America he presided over and shouldn't have run for President in the first place!
322 73,439 Read More
Lounge Jump to new posts
Re: First Look At Big Sur artie505 09/17/20 08:27 AM
Maybe adding cellular capability to the MacBook would solve your conundrum.
It would be a solution only if I was in a place where there was cellular access.

There are large parts of the world where there's neither cellular nor wi-fi available, and what do I do if my SSD goes south while I'm in such a location?
30 1,039 Read More