of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
iTunes, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV Jump to new posts
Re: "Find My" not finding my iPhone artie505 04/25/24 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by Ira L
Originally Posted by artie505
I haven't got any way to check on that, but it seems like some action on ryck's wife's part should be necessary.

If it were as easy as you've made it out to be, you could find out where the person sitting next to you at the bar lives with no further ado.

I thought it was apparent that approval would be required for just the reason you state. Apple would never let that happen, except where its Air Tag products were concerned. crazy
It shouldn't be possible under any circumstances, not even Air Tags.

The possibilities are just plain limitlessly bad.
5 46 Read More
Peripherals Jump to new posts
Re: usb back up jaybass 04/25/24 04:05 PM
I feel somewhat foolish in not checking a third external hd which could have a copy of my photos. Because it was the oldest one, I thought it wouldn't be of much use but of course, that would the most likely one to have a copy. How they disappeared in the first place, I have no idea. But I do appreciate your input as usual.

jaybass
8 117 Read More
Mac Operating Systems Jump to new posts
Password question kevs 04/25/24 03:25 PM
Today on the iphone, it came up recommendations on passwords. I have made all my own over time and put on an excel sheet. It says some at top have data leaks, and then others easily guessed.

Yet I use mainly chrome. That does not matter? Apple somehow see the Chrome ones too and see what on imac as well as iphone both OS? So when save in chrome it save not to chrome but to Apple?

And someone recommended one password, but I've never gotten my head around at all how that works thanks.
0 14 Read More
Audio, Video, Photography Jump to new posts
install previous version of Photoshop CC jchuzi 04/24/24 02:00 PM
I updated Photoshop CC to the latest version and it would not open (there was a warning that it might not be compatible with my OS). The previous version seemed to be OK so I accessed How to install previous versions of your Creative Cloud apps. The reversion to the previous version was a piece of cake and all is well. I have read many complaints about Adobe but I salute them for making this process very easy.
0 12 Read More