An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mac Desktops & Notebooks
Jump to new posts MacBook Pro recall by artie505 @ Today at 12:23 AM

Hah! After making an appointment to bring my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) to the Genius Bar today to get a bulging battery replaced (60 days after my AppleCare expired...I just wasn't paying attention ) I just found out that Apple annou
Mac OS X System
Jump to new posts Re: Santa Catalina is running for me... by artie505 @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

"Gorgeous" is an understatement for the desktop; it's truly a gem!
Networking
Jump to new posts Re: Apple Mail, search problem by Ira L @ Yesterday at 08:59 AM

Posts in numerous forums complain about searching in Apple Mail. Most often it is attributed to Spotlight not yet finished with its indexing. If this is truly driving you crazy, look into Foxtrot Personal Search. It has been favorably reviewed f
Mac OS X System
Jump to new posts Re: Partitioning Query by joemikeb @ Yesterday at 05:35 AM

I agree with Artie's assessment of the OWC Elite Pro mini, and I would recommend going with a 5400 rpm drive with a 2TB capacity. It would be plenty fast enough for your purpose and although 2TB may be overkill now you might find it invaluable in the
Mac OS X System
Jump to new posts Troubleshooting Advice by joemikeb @ 06/24/19 03:28 PM

After the last beta update to macOS 10.14.6 I found myself confronted with a misbehaving trackpad. A two finger tap was supposed to be a "secondary click" (a.k.a. Control+click) but instead the windows on my screen were acting strangely and
Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Affinity Publisher by joemikeb @ 06/24/19 01:35 PM

This afternoon I came across a new Desktop Publishing app that is in the same price range as Affinity Publisher, but targeting less professional users called iCalamus 2. It is available from the App Store but you can get a demo version direct from