of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Peripherals Jump to new posts
Re: VueScan Issue-demands upgrade already purchased artie505 03/18/24 10:00 PM
This quote from their FAQs provides clarification:

"Is VueScan a subscription?

You can either purchase VueScan as a one-off purchase, or as a subscription. The subscription is useful if you want to use VueScan for a short period of time, for something like a scanning project. The one-time payment is useful for long term use.

The subscription can be cancelled (or restarted) at any time – for as many times as you like. And at any point you can purchase a one-time only license."

So, rather than having actually switched to a subscription model, they've misused the word "subscription" to make the product attractive to users who don't want to purchase.
5 8 Read More
Re: VueScan Issue-demands upgrade already purchased joemikeb 03/18/24 09:24 PM
The site is misleading. When you click on the monthly payment option, the description changes to subscription. It appears the version that offers the PDF option is only available as a subscription and at double the subscription rate of the basic version. Other places Hamrick makes a big deal about the value of a subscription vs. purchase. For software developers in today's market, that difference is often the difference between financial survival and failure. frown
5 8 Read More
Re: VueScan Issue-demands upgrade already purchased artie505 03/18/24 08:50 PM
Your link leads to a single payment purchase option page (although they offer monthly payment options as well), but I see that the Basic Edition specifies "Save to JPG (No PDF, TIFF)."
5 8 Read More
Re: VueScan Issue-demands upgrade already purchased joemikeb 03/18/24 08:32 PM
I just looked at the Vuescan purchase page and discovered to my surprise, they too have gone to a subscription model. Are you sure your subscription didn't expire?
5 8 Read More
Re: VueScan Issue-demands upgrade already purchased artie505 03/18/24 06:38 PM
Is there a registration step you need to take to register your purchase on your Mac that you've failed to take?

Take a look at your paperwork from the purchase.

And if you've actually saved to PDF since April, you need to contact VueScan.
5 8 Read More
VueScan Issue-demands upgrade already purchased ryck 03/18/24 06:13 PM
I just did a five page scan and tried to save it to PDF, as I have done many times before. I could not save as I got a dialogue box saying I must purchase an upgrade to the Standard Edition.

However, I already own the Standard Edition, which I bought last April for the specific purpose of being able to save to PDF.

Thoughts?
5 8 Read More