An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
iTunes, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV Jump to new posts
Re: Photoshop jaybass 12/05/20 10:15 PM
Jon, I did download Elements Camera raw 6.7 but when I clicked the dmg, It said Adobe patch installer can't be opened and said to eject Disk Image.

My thoughts are, how can to update something if you have nothing update from. Any ideas?

jaybass
2 15 Read More
Lounge Jump to new posts
Re: Rudy artie505 12/05/20 08:35 PM
Senility hadn't occurred to me, and I don't know if it's really what's at the root of his behavior, but he definitely has lost his grip on reality.

I suspect that he's got a countdown clock somewhere that started at 15 minutes 19 years ago and got stuck with one second remaining, and he's pitifully, desperately and at any cost, trying to make himself relevant again for that final second.

Heck, there are probably 15 states that would elect him to local office based on his outstanding efforts on Trump's behalf.
2 13 Read More
Mac OS X System Jump to new posts
Re: 10.14.6 Combo won't install over existing 10.14.6 joemikeb 12/05/20 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by ryck
We now have the answer. After my re-install of Mojave, everything worked fine. However, after I installed all the updates (which included one more security update than in the list of three updates above), things slowed to a crawl....and I mean excruciatingly slow. I booted in Safe Mode and things are back to being quick.

What does that say?
What that says to me is you have a third party kernel extension installed on your system that does not play nice with either the supplemental update or the security update or possibly the combination of the two. I seriously doubt the Safari update would be the culprit unless the slowdown is limited strictly to internet browsing. The order of installation "suggestion" sounds more like a coincidental occurence than anything substantial. (But, that is just my opinion.)

Based on, my suspicions, I would do the ⌘R erase and install, [b]but NOT migrate any applications. Then test performance. Install the updates one at a time -- prefereably in their order of initial release -- testing after each update. If yoyu have not hit a slowdown at that point you can begin to reinstall your third party apps -- one at a time beginning with those having kernel extensions -- testing after each until the slowdown occurs. At which point you will have identified the culprit. For this to work you must be methodical and patient. Biting the bullet and upgrading to Catalina might save a lot of time.
18 185 Read More