An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Networking Jump to new posts
Re: eMail remote content artie505 09/18/20 10:49 PM
Thanks, guys, but for some reason Ira's post prompted me to go looking, and I found out that it's a bug in Mail 13.4.

When I quit and relaunch Mail, the remote content appears only after I hit the "Load remote content" button, at which point the button disappears.

Subsequently, though, when I click away from the particular email and then back to it, both the remote content and the "Load..." button are there.

(I was never worried about it being a malware problem, because I click on the button only when the sender is a known reliable entity.)
3 32 Read More
Networking Jump to new posts
Re: Safari freezes anyone? artie505 09/18/20 06:57 AM
I'll go out on a limb...again and say that it looks like the freezes have been banished from Safari 14.0 smile cool
36 2,920 Read More
Mac OS X System Jump to new posts
Re: Create a temp Apple ID? artie505 09/18/20 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by joemikeb
Originally Posted by artie505
I don't see "Account" in my Music menu bar. Might it have something to do with my never having purchased any iTunes music?

I don't know, but check System Preferences > Apple ID and see if your Apple Account is setup there. (The last beta update broke Music in Big Sur, it launches straight to an error message. But I have checked my server that is still running Catalina and it does have Account on the Music menu bar.)
I found it! "Account" appears in your Music menu bar only if "iTunes Store" is enabled in Prefs > Restrictions.

It's also in System Prefs as expected.
27 244 Read More