Originally Posted By: PChaterosx
I dont have any discs...
There you just encountered one of, perhaps the greatest, advantage of TechTool Pro, the eDrive. Understandably Micromat neither supports nor condones the practice, but no small number of TTP users have DiskWarrior installed in TTP's eDrive. The eDrive eliminates the common issue with all disk repair utilities, the necessity of a currently bootable CD/DVD, for performing volume structure repairs at the expense of a relatively nominal amount of space on the hard drive.

However, that isn't solving your present problem. Given your lack of a bootable DiskWarrior CD/DVD your best option is probably finding another Mac user with a copy of DiskWarrior, Drive Genius, or TechTool Pro installed. Then you could connect your TIBook to their Mac with a six pin to six pin firewire cable, boot your TIBook into Firewire Target Disk mode by holding the T key during a cold boot. Then you could use the industrial strength volume repair utility on the other Mac to see if it can "fix" your hard drive.

FWIW I strongly concur with the suggestions to upgrade your TIBook with more RAM and a more recent version of OS X. With 1 GB of RAM there is no reason you couldn't run OS X 10.4.11 and have decent performance. I'm not sure I would spend much more than that on a Mac of that generation.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein