First of all, my download speed problem seems to have been solved. I use RoadRunner from Time Warner Cable and, a few hours after having set up an appointment for a tech to visit next week, a received a phone call from another tech. My problem had been bumped up to a higher level.

This tech suggested that I remove the ethernet cable connecting the modem to the computer and reverse the connection. Voila! He explained why it worked but I didn't understand it (it certainly didn't seem logical and his accent presented difficulties). Any ideas out there? My download speed increased from 2 Mbs to 15 Mbs.

I tried ClipGrab but got the message that no downloadable video could be found. The link, for those who want to try, is https://www.youtube.com/embed/dE-vOscpiNc

As to Lee's suggestion, I have ClickToFlash preferences set to Download Video but nothing happened. Perhaps there is something about this video that prevents it from being downloaded?

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365