Originally Posted By: artie505
That's understandable, but I still don't see your issue with OS X's built-in fax capability... So far, your only complaint about it seems to have been that it doesn't maintain a log, and that seems to be a pretty minor issue, or...?
And, on the other hand, since you've still got them, why don't you simply use your beloved faxSTF and dinosaur for faxing?

Lion doesn't really have fax capability in any significant way — see earlier discussions. Log and info maintenance is crucial to me. And so I probably will resort to firing up the old iMac when I have to send faxes.

And further to the issue of the App Store:
When Apple provides me with at least one of the following for my iMac and Lion — a complete user's guide in hard copy or in PDF format, a complete user's guide to install in Mac Help on my iMac so that anything I want to know is resident there and immediately available without having to go online, or a free copy of David Pogue's book on Lion (The Missing Manual) coming out at the end of this month — I'll be glad to consider patronizing the App Store. But until then, Apple ain't getting' eny mo uv ma muney.