3 years ago, while preparing a surprise iMac installation for mom for Christmas, while transferring apps and files over firewire, I poured a huge mug of tea right into the MacBook Pro. I assumed I had killed it, but immediately shut down, drained tea, blew out liquid with compressed air, applied hair dryer.... Had to replace keyboard and one fan, but machine is still going strong. Still runs hot (fan comes on regularly after about 30'of use) but I deal with that by using various cooling devices.... Only remaining issue is that it goes through batteries in about 12 months. By perhaps 2 months after installation, they begin to discharge quickly and I get perhaps 3 hours max. iStat will tell me that battery is down to perhaps 50% and "Battery condition" shows "Replace Soon". In another six months I am down to 2 hours, 30% and "Replace Now". While I am willing to live with the condition rather than get rid of an otherwise fine (and expensive) machine, now that I am in the States, is there some piece of hardware I should consider replacing?

MacBook Pro 15" (2.33 Intel Duo/3GB/667MHz/120GB/10.6.8),
MacBook 13" (2.1 Intel Duo/3GB/667MHz/120GB/10.6.8),
PowerBook G4 12" (1.5 PowerPC/768MB/70GB/10.4.11),
Various LaCie Firewire HDs, Airport Extreme, Express