Home
Posted By: artie505 Safari and 10.6.8 Combo heads-up - 08/20/11 07:27 AM
This tidbit is buried in another thread, so I'm highlighting it here:

Running the OS X 10.6.8 Combo overwrites Safari 5.1 with Safari 5.0.5 (and, for some unknown reason, Software Update doesn't pick up on the fact), so if you('ve) run the Combo for troubleshooting purposes you need to d/l and install the v 5.1 standalone to get current (if you haven't already done so).

(Opening the Combo in Pacifist apparently shows that Safari 5.0.5 is a component of the OS X 10.6.8 Delta.)

You can check your current version of Safari at Safari > menu bar > Safari > About Safari.
Posted By: Pendragon Re: Safari and 10.6.8 Combo heads-up - 08/20/11 09:42 AM
Thanks Artie!

I was lurking in this thread, so I checked my SL Safari and whooda guessed it? (V1 me thinks.) I too had Safari 5.0.5.

Tis strange indeed. shocked
Posted By: artie505 Re: Safari and 10.6.8 Combo heads-up - 08/20/11 09:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Pendragon
Thanks Artie!

I was lurking in this thread, so I checked my SL Safari and whooda guessed it? (V1 me thinks.) I too had Safari 5.0.5.

Tis strange indeed. shocked

Apple really dropped the ball on this one, Harv (and I'm embarrassed that it took me this long to bring the issue to everybody's attention)!

My best (and maybe not so) facetious guess is that Apple won't concede that there's ever any need to troubleshoot any version of OS X, so issues such as this don't merit mention. shocked
© FineTunedMac