FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Epson Stylus Color 3000 printer problem
#12811 11/18/10 07:45 AM
gbohan1 Offline OP
OP Offline

I have a Epson stylus color 3000 printer that I can not get it to work. I have the most current driver for this printer from the Epson web site. There is a Ethernet card (optional) and I have added the printer as a tcp/ip printer, using the address 11.22.33.44 which is the ID listed in a status sheet I've gotten the printer to spit out.
I can not access the printer with this ip address,and it is not appearing on the printer list when I try and use the Epson printer utility to set the various default values.Also it does not show up on the printer list and function as a IP printer and I get no error message when I attempt to print to it. It simply sits there and does nothing. I suspect that the problem may be with the IP address, but when I follow the instructions in the manual to change the IP address, nothing changes ( A status sheet that I print out from the printer (via the printers' control panel) shows no change with the IP address.
Anyone have suggestions on troubleshooting this situation?
Thanks,
Gary

Re: Epson Stylus Color 3000 printer problem
gbohan1 #12812 11/18/10 01:25 PM

Hi Gary and welcome to the Fine Tuned Mac Forums.....

I think you might have a couple of additional issues to resolve beyond the IP address, however, that looks like the first place to start for now.

Before we go there let's get some additional info:

What model Macintosh are you using?

What version of Mac OS are you running?

Is your Mac attached to a home network? If so, how....(wired ethernet or WiFi)

If on a home network, what IP address does your Mac have?

....and lastly, where did you find the documentation for your optional ethernet card installed in the printer? If it's the C12C824052 internal 10/100 base T card, then I've found it as well.

With the answers to the above questions we can move you forward to a solution or determine that you should maybe pick a different printer for your needs.

Let us know.

Freedom is never free....thank a Service member today.
Re: Epson Stylus Color 3000 printer problem
gbohan1 #12813 11/18/10 01:42 PM

In addition to MM's comments you may want to look into the following. Depending on how you connect and access your printer, you may have to check the 'Share this printer' box in the 'Print & Fax' pref pane of System Prefs, as well as the 'Printer Sharing' box in the 'Sharing' pref pane (Leopard config).

alternaut moderator

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard