An open community 
of Macintosh users,
for Macintosh users.

FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Mac Operating Systems Jump to new posts
Re: Uploading issues Rain 04/16/24 06:37 AM
Thanks for your thoughts. I'm thinking that it wont be numbers 2+3 because I have successfully uploaded the same file with the other Mac.
I will look at the others though
2 15 Read More
Re: Disheveled Desktop artie505 04/16/24 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by Gregg
I don't know how it got messed up, because I did not change the View Options intentionally.
macOS has got a nasty habit doing stuff like that. I don't remember the details, but it did something similar to me recently, and something different to Ira.
2 21 Read More
Re: Uploading issues joemikeb 04/15/24 09:29 PM
I have some thoughts -- and they are just that -- thoughts. So FWIW...
  1. Try flushing your browser caches
  2. Your files may exceed the file size limits allowed by the sites.
  3. If the files were downloaded from an internet site, they may have DRM protection.
  4. If you have a VPN, try uploading the files with VPN turned ON,
  5. if you don't have VPN go to System Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > iCloud+ and turn Private Relay ON
2 15 Read More
Re: Disheveled Desktop Gregg 04/15/24 09:14 PM
I figured the sorting/arrangement problem out. Changing Stack By to None made Snap to Grid show up as an option for Sort By. I don't know how it got messed up, because I did not change the View Options intentionally.

As far as the "enclosing document" icons (they were not folders) I just decided to move the actual .docx and .pdf files off of the Desktop. They are only temporary files, which made the Desktop a convenient place to put them, but I can live with them being in the real Documents Folder.
2 21 Read More
Uploading issues Rain 04/15/24 11:25 AM
I have a Mac Mini (M1) running Sonoma 14.3.1
I have been trying to upload a couple of jpg's to a photo printing site. I cannot do this and get a message on their website just saying "failed to upload". There is no system error report from my Mac.
I have tried the upload using Safari and DuckDuckGo but I have the same problem.
I have tried using another photo printing site but have the same problem.
I have used another Mac on the same network and it uploaded without a problem.
I assume that I have an issue with privacy settings or something similar but I wouldn't know what ones to look at. My Mac has done an auto system update in the past few days. The other Mac is running Big Sur 11.4
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks
2 15 Read More